Monday, February 1, 2010

Western North Carolina Mapping Project

The attached map is an incomplete map at this point. I am still working on annotations to present the maximum amount of information.
The intent of this project is to supply a map of Western North Carolina and surrounding areas. This map is designed as a base map for many possible mapping purposes. By removing selected layers, this map can easily be configured to focus upon selected features. Removal of urban areas and some or all road types, would yeild a map suitable for watershed mapping or fish and wildlife data.
I have included four images of my map. Each is intended to be printed with a standard inkjet printer on 8.5 x 11 paper. At this point there is more work to be done but this shows the versatility of the map. All four images were created and added to this blog in less than five minutes and just a few clicks of the mouse.
I welcome comments to this project.

1 comment:

  1. I like your top map. It looks good. I know it is hard to get all of the names out of the way of all the roads and streams. Some of yours are hard to read because of that. I really like all of your color choices. This map treads the thin line of too much and not enough information very well. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete